Ha, it feels good to see this blog is not dead :D Standard thank you post, for likes, reblogs and follows:
This time, no chance to mix them up ever again. Thank you ice hockey.
I’m also very happy for our national team. The new trainer took a risk and used young players in the national team for the mondials. It paid off.
Yet Romansh is more of a dialect and very few people speak it nowadays but it’s still an official language.
Because of this, all official materials are written in three languages.
We also have cantons that have two languages, and one even has three.
For more info about our language organization, follow this link.
I have three and use them all.
Also, a funny bonus image.
The swiss guard has served all over Europe for centuries, as ceremonial guards or mercenaries, and fought in many italian conflicts. But the Pontifical Guard is probably the most well known and colorful to say the least. They obey strict rules, have to be catholic and swiss citizens, and only males can enter the guard.
If you want to know more about the guards, check this link.
These are only examples of the food products I think - beside the chocolate and cheese brands - are the most internationally well known.
- Ovomaltine - it’s like cocoa powder but better. Check out their commercials, they’re priceless
- Le Parfait - it’s liver pâté and it’s soooo tasty
- Knorr - mostly culinary herbs mixes, but also other products like dehydrated soups for example
- Cenovis - probably one of the most famous among the swiss. You like it or you hate it, it’s made of yeast extract (like Marmite) and very strong in taste
- Ricola - candy made with herbs. Check their commercials too
- Rivella - soft drink made of milk whey, it may sound weird but it’s rather good (like Cenovis, you like it or hate it)
- Maggi - sorry, the image is small… Also a culinary product brand like Knorr
- Toblerone - classic airport swiss chocolate, with almonds and nougat
Game: find a HQ picture of a toblerone package and find the hidden image! It’s on every package and once you saw it, you cannot forget it :)
I’m sorry to have negelected this blog! I’m going to make amends and post some new facts (I even have a list of ideas waiting for a while…)
I take this opportunity to thank those who kept coming, faving, reblogging and even following :D
How good are you at Swiss Geography? Try your skills by dragging and matching each polygon(canton) against the correct position on the map.
Go try it out :)
This is me!?
Y-yes it’s you…
Une thune :D Reminds me I’m so broke right now…
Depends on the bands, I saw an honorable number of my favourite bands or musicians which include My Chemical Romance, Thrice, Anti-Flag, Placebo, Bon Jovi, Morcheeba and Lady Gaga to quote but a few.